Homeschool Partnership Program
At Torrington Christian Academy, we desire to work with families who want to continue to homeschool their children, but also want some of the advantages and opportunities available within a school environment. Our goal is for our homeschool students and families to become part of the Torrington Christian Academy community as we support their academic endeavors.
We welcome all homeschool families, kindergarten through 12th grade, who are seeking to provide their child with the best possible combination of Homeschool and Christian school education.
Our Lower Homeschool Partnership serves students from kindergarten through 5th grade. The Upper Homeschool Partnership serves students from 6th through 12th grade. Learn about our Homeschool Programs below and then fill out an our Admissions Inquiry Form to take the next step in partnering with Torrington Christian Academy for your child’s homeschool education.
“This year we opted to go part-time. We love the upper school block scheduling. Our kids take Bible and Math and attend Chapel services, plus they participate in TCA sports and activities. They do the rest of their subjects at home with our own selected curriculum. The flexibility works well for our family.”
– Gina K.,TCA HSP Parent
Homeschool Partnership Classes & Fees
- Vocal Music
- Health (11th-12th)
- Vocal Music & Drama
- Literature and Composition
- Capstone/Humanities (12th)
- Computers/Study Skills (6-8th)
- Foundations of Personal Finance (10th – 12th)
- All Junior Varsity & Varsity sports including: soccer, volleyball, and basketball.
Torrington Christian Academy provides opportunities for high school students in the 9th-12th grades to take college-level courses. Simultaneously, students earn credit toward high school completion as well as college credits toward a future college degree. The more classes students take, the further ahead they will be for college. For those who desire to do so: students can successfully complete either an Associate Degree or a Bachelors degree alongside their High School Diploma! Dual Enrollment courses are different than AP courses as no AP test is required at the end of the class; instead, students receive college credit if they pass the course. Learn more at: https://www.tcact.org/dual-enrollment/
- Hiking Club
- School Spirit Days
- Field Trips (with their grade)
- Student Prayer Meeting (6th – 12th)
- Lunch, Snack, Study Hall, or Recess (if right before/after a class enrolled in)
- Attend Christmas & Spring Concerts (Must be in music/drama class to participate on stage.)
- Additional Clubs/Events that vary from year to year. (ie – Read-a-thon, Baking Club, Lego Club, Reading Club, Sewing Club, Film Society, Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Jump Rope Club, Ski Club, Robotics Club, Environmental Awareness Club, Speech/Debate Club, Art Club, and more).
Application Fee …………………….. $30.00
Discounts: In order to keep the Home-school Partnership Program affordable for families with multiple children, a discount is given for enrolling multiple children in the program at the same time. Discounts are as follows:
- 15% off program costs for second child
- 20% off program costs for third child (and subsequent children)
- Fee for grades K-5 ………… $300.00 per class/ per semester
- Fee for grades 6-8 ………… $400.00 per class/per semester
- Fee for grades 9-12 ………… $500.00 per class/ per semester
- Fee includes all diagnostic testing (where necessary)
Physical Education, Art, and/or Vocal Music Classes
- Fee …………………………… $125.00 per class/ per semester
Varsity Sports (Co-ed Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Boys & Girls Basketball)
- Fee …………………………… $300.00 per sport
- Participation subject to tryout and submission of medical info
Additional Options (Contact office for current rates.)
- Iowa Testing
PSAT and PLAN Testing
* Financial Aid available for qualifying families (See printable application in the next tab below).